Area of Law: Coronavirus COVID-19
Answer # 7202
Alternative work schedules and remote accessRegion: Ontario Answer # 7202
During the pandemic, it is important to consider alternative ways that your business can function. Because of the many government restrictions, it is necessary for business which are able, to adopt alternative work environments and product or service delivery. Some things to consider include:
- For office workers, use online resources to conduct meetings and communicate with clients,
- Implement new systems, which will allow remote access to databases and telecommunications,
- If allowed to enter your workplace, reduce the number of workers at any given time, but consider expanding the workday so that employees can work on a shift basis. This will reduce the number of workers at one time, while allowing more workers to work throughout the day, thereby preserving jobs, as well as increasing production,
- If you do not already provide a delivery service, consider doing so.
- Consider if some of your work can be conducted outside (weather permitting) providing fresh air and a greater distance between employees,
- Think about pairing up workers, so that the risk of contracting COVID-19 is reduced while at the same time allowing for a more productive and congenial work experience.
For more details about COVID-19 and employment issues, and for up-to-date changes, refer to your provincial ministry of labour.
Get help from a life insurance advisor
Understanding life insurance and what is best for you can be overwhelming. It is important to get professional advice for your unique situation, and it is more affordable than you think. Life insurance can protect your family, your home and your business. For a free consultation and quote, contact an Empire Life Insurance advisor.
You now haveoptions: