Area of Law: USA Travel and Immigration
Answer Number: 1041
Can Canadians work in the USA?Region: Ontario Answer Number: 1041
Yes, with the proper work authorization depending on the employment situation and status, Canadians can work in the USA. The type of work authorization depends on an individual’s education and employment situation, and the type of work they will be doing in the USA.
In order for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to work in the USA, you must first have a job offer from a USA employer who will sponsor you for a work visa. There are several categories of USA work visas that Canadians are eligible to work under:
- H-1B Visa Temporary Work
- TN Visa – NAFTA
- L-1 Visa – Employee Transfer
- O-1 Visa – Extraordinary Skills Visa
A criminal record will prevent you from entering the USA or obtaining your USA immigration status. To erase your Canadian criminal record, call toll-free 1-800-874-2652 or learn more at Parole Board of Canada. It’s easier than you think.
For legal advice and assistance with your USA work visa application, contact Bright Immigration Consultants .
Was your question answered?
You now haveoptions:
- More answers about USA Travel and Immigration
- Master List of all other areas of law
- Contact our preferred experts and see who's right for you
- ASK an Expert, submit your question
- Connect with government offices