Area of Law: USA Travel and Immigration
Answer Number: 1142
Can someone with a criminal record enter the USA in the case of a family emergency?Region: Ontario Answer Number: 1142
In some circumstances, a permit, referred to as Advance Parole, can be obtained to allow a person to enter the USA while the USA Entry Waiver application is being processed.
Such permits however, are difficult to obtain and are only granted for urgent humanitarian reasons, such as emergency medical treatments or to attend the funeral of a close family member. The decision whether to grant such a document is made on a case-by-case basis, and if permission is given, it will be for a single and temporary entry.
Was your question answered?
You now haveoptions:
- More answers about USA Travel and Immigration
- Master List of all other areas of law
- Contact our preferred experts and see who's right for you
- ASK an Expert, submit your question
- Connect with government offices