Select a language

Can someone with a criminal record enter the USA in the case of a family emergency?

Region: Ontario Answer Number: 1142

In some circumstances, a permit, referred to as Advance Parole, can be obtained to allow a person to enter the USA while the USA Entry Waiver application is being processed.

Such permits however, are difficult to obtain and are only granted for urgent humanitarian reasons, such as emergency medical treatments or to attend the funeral of a close family member. The decision whether to grant such a document is made on a case-by-case basis, and if permission is given, it will be for a single and temporary entry.

To erase your Canadian criminal record, or to obtain a USA Entry Waiver, call toll-free 1- 866-362-7143 or learn more at All Cleared. It’s easier than you think.

All Cleared USA Travel Waiver Topics Only ONAll Cleared USA Travel Waiver Topics Only ON

Was your question answered?


You now have 4 options:

Was your question answered?

Yes    No

What information would you like to see added?

Submit an Edit Request

What are your changes?*

Page loaded. Thank you