Pardon Partners – USA Travel TOP Banner ALL PROVINCESPardon Partners – USA Travel TOP Banner ALL PROVINCES

Can the USA government expropriate USA property from a Canadian?

Region: Ontario Answer # 1088

Under the doctrine of eminent domain, the United States government can expropriate property without one’s consent. The doctrine allows the government to seize people’s homes and convert it into public use as long as they are compensated at fair market value. These laws apply regardless of whether the owner of the property is a non-resident of the USA. Generally speaking, however, this is not likely to ever occur. It is usually a safe investment for Canadians to own property in the United States whether the property is a vacation residency or just a real estate investment.

A criminal record will prevent you from entering the USA or obtaining your USA immigration status. To erase your Canadian criminal record, call toll-free 1-888-808-3628 or learn more at Pardon Partners. It’s easier than you think.

Pardon Partners – USA Travel ON Pardon 1030-1100Pardon Partners – USA Travel ON Pardon 1030-1100


You now have 3 options:

Was your question answered?

Yes    No

What information would you like to see added?

Submit an Edit Request

What are your changes?*

Page loaded. Thank you