i am here
stdClass Object
    [term_id] => 409
    [name] => Criminal Record Erase it and Start Fresh
    [slug] => criminal-records
    [term_group] => 0
    [term_order] => 10
    [term_taxonomy_id] => 409
    [taxonomy] => topics
    [description] => For answers to the most frequently asked legal questions,  click here

[parent] => 0 [count] => 0 [filter] => raw )

Pardon Partners – CR TOP BannerPardon Partners – CR TOP Banner

Do people need a Waiver if they have never been refused entry into the USA?

Region: Ontario Answer # 2221

If a person wants to travel to the USA with a Canadian criminal record, a Waiver is required to legally enter the USA.

Essentially, the individual will be admitting to, and giving details about, his or her criminal record to the American federal government. Once a Waiver application is submitted, the USA will download the details into their files and they will never be removed, regardless of whether a Canadian Record Suspension is subsequently granted or the criminal record file is later destroyed in Canada. Once a Waiver application is submitted, the individual will then require a Waiver for the rest of his or her life (or need to carry the letter stating that the crime did not render them inadmissible – also issued by the USA).

To erase your Canadian criminal record, or to obtain a USA Entry Waiver, call toll-free 1-888-808-3628 or learn more at Pardon Partners. It’s easier than you think.

If you have been charged with a criminal offence, refer to our criminal law section.

Pardon Partners – CR ON WPardon Partners – CR ON W


You now have 4 options:

Was your question answered?

Yes    No

What information would you like to see added?

Submit an Edit Request

What are your changes?*

Page loaded. Thank you