Select a language

Do people need a Waiver if they have never been refused entry into the USA?

Region: Ontario Answer Number: 1141

If a person wants to travel to the USA with a Canadian criminal record, a Waiver is required to legally enter the USA.

Essentially, the individual will be admitting to, and giving details about, his or her criminal record to the American federal government. Once a Waiver application is submitted, the USA will download the details into their files and they will never be removed, regardless of whether a Canadian Record Suspension is subsequently granted or the criminal record file is later destroyed in Canada. Once a Waiver application is submitted, the individual will then require a Waiver for the rest of his or her life (or need to carry the letter stating that the crime did not render them inadmissible – also issued by the USA).

To erase your Canadian criminal record, or to obtain a USA Entry Waiver, call toll-free 1- 866-362-7143 or learn more at All Cleared. It’s easier than you think.

All Cleared USA Travel Waiver Topics Only ONAll Cleared USA Travel Waiver Topics Only ON

Was your question answered?


You now have 4 options:

Was your question answered?

Yes    No

What information would you like to see added?

Submit an Edit Request

What are your changes?*

Page loaded. Thank you