i am here
stdClass Object
    [term_id] => 188
    [name] => Criminal Law
    [slug] => criminal-law
    [term_group] => 0
    [term_order] => 39
    [term_taxonomy_id] => 188
    [taxonomy] => topics
    [description] =>  For Information about Criminal Records, and how to erase them  click here

[parent] => 0 [count] => 0 [filter] => raw )
{"ontario":"67722, 78938","alberta":"71192","british-columbia":"71193","manitoba":"71194","new-brunswick":"71195","nl":"71196","nwt":"71198","nova-scotia":"71197","nunavut":"71199","pei":"71200","quebec":"71201","saskatchewan":"71202","yukon":"71203"}

Pardon Partners – Criminal TOP Banner ONPardon Partners – Criminal TOP Banner ON

Calvin Barry Top Banner ONCalvin Barry Top Banner ON

Do you have to deposit money with the court?

Region: Ontario Answer # 753

A surety rarely has to deposit money with the court. Under the Canadian Criminal Code, there are two circumstances where cash has to be deposited with the court. First, under section 515(2)(e), a cash deposit is required whenever an accused is not ordinarily a resident in the province in which he or she is charged; or does not ordinarily reside within 200 kilometres of the place in which he or she is in custody.

Second, under section 515(2)(d), cash has to be deposited where the judge has received the consent of the prosecutor, otherwise known as Crown counsel.

Although in British Columbia this section of the Criminal Code has been found to violate section 11 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, in the rest of the country this section operates as worded. In practice, if a judge or justice of the peace indicates that he or she wishes to release an accused on a cash bail, the prosecutor will almost always agree.

To erase your criminal record, call toll-free 1-888-808-3628 or learn more at Pardon Partners. It’s easier than you think.

If you have been charged with a crime, contact our preferred criminal defence experts, The Criminal Law Team .

The Criminal Law Team Criminal ONThe Criminal Law Team Criminal ON

Pardon Partners – Criminal ONPardon Partners – Criminal ON


You now have 4 options:

Was your question answered?

Yes    No

What information would you like to see added?

Submit an Edit Request

What are your changes?*

Page loaded. Thank you