i am here
stdClass Object
    [term_id] => 409
    [name] => Criminal Record Erase it and Start Fresh
    [slug] => criminal-records
    [term_group] => 0
    [term_order] => 10
    [term_taxonomy_id] => 409
    [taxonomy] => topics
    [description] => For answers to the most frequently asked legal questions,  click here

[parent] => 0 [count] => 0 [filter] => raw )

Pardon Partners – CR TOP BannerPardon Partners – CR TOP Banner

Does someone need a Waiver if only 'stopping over' in the USA

Region: Ontario Answer # 2223

Any time people enter the USA – even where a person does not leave the airplane on a ‘stop over’ en route to another country – they are required to clear American Customs. Therefore, even on a stopover flight, to legally enter the USA with a Canadian criminal record, a USA Entry Waiver is required. Since there is a good chance the criminal record will be revealed, without a Waiver the individual can be denied entry, the airplane ticket can be voided, and the individual can be sent back to Canada. Consequently, it is a good idea for people with criminal records either to fly directly to their final destination and bypass the USA entirely, or to obtain a Waiver.

To erase your Canadian criminal record, or to obtain a USA Entry Waiver, call toll-free 1-888-808-3628 or learn more at Pardon Partners. It’s easier than you think.

If you have been charged with a criminal offence, refer to our criminal law section.


Pardon Partners – CR ON WPardon Partners – CR ON W


You now have 4 options:

Was your question answered?

Yes    No

What information would you like to see added?

Submit an Edit Request

What are your changes?*

Page loaded. Thank you