Area of Law: Coronavirus COVID-19
Answer # 7300
Health and Safety measures for building managersRegion: Ontario Answer # 7300
During this time of potential risk due to Coronavirus COVID-19, building managers should consider implementing health and safety measures, such as the following:
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing of common areas and communal ‘touch points’ such as elevator buttons, railings, door handles, sports equipment
- Prohibiting building employees, such as cleaning staff, security and maintenance workers from coming to work if they feel unwell
- Delaying unnecessary service calls or construction that requires entry into individual units
- Displaying and/or distributing public health recommendations and as set out by Health Canada and provincial health department
- Notify building staff not to enter a resident’s unit if the resident is not feeling well or is in quarantine
- Removing magazines and other communal items from the lobby
- Supply sanitizing wipes in fitness facility and post notice to clean equipment before and after use
Failure to take reasonable steps to prevent the spread of Coronavirus may lead to legal liability.
Get help from a life insurance advisor
Understanding life insurance and what is best for you can be overwhelming. It is important to get professional advice for your unique situation, and it is more affordable than you think. Life insurance can protect your family, your home and your business. For a free consultation and quote, contact an Empire Life Insurance advisor.
You now haveoptions: