Area of Law: Law Schools, Lawyers, Law Clerks and Paralegals
Answer # 887
Law School Admission CouncilRegion: Ontario Answer # 887
Headquartered in Newtown, Pennsylvania, the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) is a non-profit corporation whose goal is to provide the highest quality admission-related services for legal education institutions and their applicants throughout the world.
More than 220 law schools in Canada, the United States, and Australia benefit from LSAC’s services. These services include:
- the Law School Admission Test (LSAT);
- the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) encompassing letters of recommendation, electronic applications, and domestic and international transcript processing for JD and graduate law degrees;
- the Candidate Referral Service (CRS);
- LSAC Ambassadors Program;
- admission office systems and software;
- research and statistical reports;
- websites for law schools, applicants, prelaw advisors, and undergraduates from minority groups underrepresented in law school and the legal profession; and
- testing and admission-related consultations with legal educators worldwide; and various publications, videos, and LSAT preparation tools.
The Law School Admission Council is best known for administering the Law School Admission Test (LSAT), and administers about 100,000 tests a year. With the help of volunteers representing its member schools, LSAC provides a growing number of important services and programs for law schools and their applicants. However, it does not assess an applicant’s chances for admission to law school; all admission decisions are made by individual law schools.
For more information, visit the Law School Admission Council website.
Getting Investment Help
Achieving financial security for your retirement can seem overwhelming. Getting expert advice will put you on the right path for your financial goals. Empire Life can help you with your investment needs, from saving for a vacation to saving for retirement. Contact an Empire Life advisor for a personalized investment solution to meet your unique financial goals.
You now haveoptions: