Area of Law: Coronavirus COVID-19
Answer # 7203
Limit travel for employmentRegion: Ontario Answer # 7203
Employers and employees should consider limiting travel whenever possible during the pandemic. However, if it is necessary for an employee to travel, consider the following recommendations.
- Make sure your organization and employees have the latest information on areas where COVID-19 is spreading. You can find this on the WHO website.
- Use the latest information, to decide if the reason for travel is worth the risk.
- Avoid sending employees who may be at higher risk of serious illness or death if they contract COVID-19, such as older employees and those with medical conditions such as diabetes, heart and lung disease, etc..
- Make sure that rules and protocols in the place where the employee is travelling to are known and followed.
- Encourage employees to wash their hands regularly and stay at least one meter away from others.
- Employees should carry soap, and/or wipes.
- Ensure employees know what to do and who to contact if they feel ill while travelling.
- Ensure that your employees comply with instructions from local authorities where they are travelling, such as a restriction on large gatherings.
When you or your employees return from travelling
Employees who have returned from travel must follow the requirement if applicable, such as those who have returned to Canada from another country. Check with Canada.ca for current travel restrictions and rules.
Employees should monitor themselves for symptoms of COVID-19 for up-to 14 days.
If the employee develops a cough or low grade fever, they must stay home and self-isolate. This means avoiding close contact with other people, including family members. They should also telephone their healthcare provider or the local public health department, giving them details of their recent travel and symptoms.
Get help from a life insurance advisor
Understanding life insurance and what is best for you can be overwhelming. It is important to get professional advice for your unique situation, and it is more affordable than you think. Life insurance can protect your family, your home and your business. For a free consultation and quote, contact an Empire Life Insurance advisor.
You now haveoptions: