Select a language

Marriage Based Citizenship

Region: Ontario Answer Number: 1052

Persons who obtained their permanent resident status through marriage are eligible to apply for citizenship two years and nine months after obtaining permanent residency status, assuming they are still married to the spouse that sponsored them for permanent residency. The permanent resident would file N-400 with USCIS. There is an English and Civics test conducted before the interview at a local USCIS office to review the application and reaffirm the applicant’s intent to be and remain loyal to the US.

A criminal record will prevent you from entering the USA or obtaining your USA immigration status. To erase your Canadian criminal record, call toll-free 1-800-874-2652 or learn more at Parole Board of Canada. It’s easier than you think.

For legal advice and assistance with your application, contact Bright Immigration Consultants .

PBC USA Travel ON 1030-1100PBC USA Travel ON 1030-1100

Was your question answered?


You now have 4 options:

Was your question answered?

Yes    No

What information would you like to see added?

Submit an Edit Request

What are your changes?*

Page loaded. Thank you