Pardon Partners – Criminal TOP Banner ONPardon Partners – Criminal TOP Banner ON

Calvin Barry Top Banner ONCalvin Barry Top Banner ON

Pleading guilty or not guilty

Region: Ontario Answer # 756

If you have been charged with an offence, you will have to enter your plea in court at the beginning of your trial. To enter a plea means to tell the court whether you are guilty or not guilty of the offence you have been charged with. If you plead not guilty, you are not necessarily denying that you committed the offence. Pleading not guilty just means that you are requiring the Crown prosecutor to prove in court that you are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If you have been charged with a crime, it is important to hire an experienced criminal defence lawyer as soon as possible.

If you plead guilty, you are admitting that you committed every offence as described by the Crown prosecutor. Facts in support of the plea will be read into the record which you will be asked to acknowledge as correct. Because pleading guilty could have very serious consequences, you should always consult with a lawyer before you enter a guilty plea.

Get Help

To erase your criminal record, call toll-free 1-888-808-3628 or learn more at Pardon Partners. It’s easier than you think.

If you have been charged with a crime and need a criminal defence lawyer, contact our preferred criminal defence expert, Calvin Barry Criminal Lawyers.


Calvin Banner 1

Pardon Partners – Criminal ONPardon Partners – Criminal ON


You now have 3 options:

Was your question answered?

Yes    No

What information would you like to see added?

Submit an Edit Request

What are your changes?*

Page loaded. Thank you