Area of Law: Coronavirus COVID-19
Answer # 7201
Reducing risk during meetings and eventsRegion: Ontario Answer # 7201
In trying to control the spread of COVID-19 various measures will be adopted from time-to-time until things get back to normal. If your business is permitted to operate on an in-person basis, it is important to continue to put health and safety measures in place.
Before having an in-person meeting, you should consider many factors, including the following:
- Is the meeting necessary at this time?
- What is the current law or policy about gatherings?
- Could the meeting be conducted online or by telephone?
- Can the number of people in attendance be reduced?
Prepare for the meeting
If the meeting is permissible and necessary, put measures in place, such as the following:
- Have a good supply of hand sanitizers, tissues, face masks and soap available
- Seat people as far apart as reasonably possible
- Ensure that a sign with health procedures (such as washing hands) is displayed
- Ensure that everyone washes their hands before and after the meeting
- Take extra precautions to clean the room (including door handles and other common use or shared items, such as office supplies and equipment)
- Have safety measures in place in case someone becomes ill during the meeting.
The situation is changing very quickly and many governments have restricted the operation of non-essential businesses for a certain time period. To find out what the current status is for your business, check Ontario Ministry of Labour.
Get help from a life insurance advisor
Understanding life insurance and what is best for you can be overwhelming. It is important to get professional advice for your unique situation, and it is more affordable than you think. Life insurance can protect your family, your home and your business. For a free consultation and quote, contact an Empire Life Insurance advisor.
You now haveoptions: