Pardon Partners – Family TOP Banner ALLPardon Partners – Family TOP Banner ALL

Sponsoring a common-law spouse to come to Canada

Region: Ontario Answer # 0132

If your common-law partner lives outside of the country and you want to bring them to Canada, you can sponsor them to immigrate in the Family Class category. Common-law partners include people living together in a conjugal relationship for at least one year, but who are not legally married. Conjugal relationships include couples who are not legally married and who do not live together, but where there is a significant degree of commitment between them and where their relationship is intended to be permanent. For example, conjugal partners may support each other financially and emotionally, may have children together, and may present themselves as a couple to the public. Spouses, and common-law and conjugal partners may be of the opposite-sex or same-sex.

A criminal record will affect child custody and adoption. To erase your criminal record, call toll-free 1-888-808-3628 or learn more at Pardon Partners. It’s easier than you think.


Getting advice and the legal help you need

If you are considering sponsoring your common-law partner to come to Canada, contact our preferred immigration experts, Bright Immigration Consultants .

Whether you are considering or are already living in a common-law relationship, many couples now seek legal advice, and often enter into cohabitation agreements, which set out what will happen should the relationship fail. It is advisable to get the legal help that’s right for you. If you are considering representing yourself in a family law matter, you may wish to get help from The Family Law Coach. Their experienced family law lawyers can provide information, legal assistance, advice and practical tips to help you prepare your case and improve your outcome. They provide specific services for fixed prices, and you only pay for the services you want. If you are considering hiring a lawyer to represent you, for legal advice and assistance regarding common-law relationships and other family law matters, contact a family law lawyer.

The Family Law Coach ALL Other Family TopicsThe Family Law Coach ALL Other Family Topics

Bright Immigration Family 0132 ON April 1, 2018Bright Immigration Family 0132 ON April 1, 2018


You now have 3 options:

Was your question answered?

Yes    No

What information would you like to see added?

Submit an Edit Request

What are your changes?*

Page loaded. Thank you