Area of Law: USA Travel and Immigration
Answer # 1133
What are the Waiver application requirements?Region: Ontario Answer # 1133
USA Entry Waiver applicants will be required to complete forms, have their fingerprints taken, submit supporting documents, and pay a USA Government processing fee. The non-refundable processing fee is US $585. Payments are to be made by certified cheque drawn on a USA bank.
The Waiver application package must include the following:
- Original Form I-192 application form, with original signature; and if an attorney was retained to complete the application on behalf of the applicant, a G-28 must also be filed
- Evidence of citizenship
- USA Fingerprint chart FD-258 (to be completed by a USA Customs and Border Patrol ‘CBP’ Officer at a designated location)
- A completed and signed Form G-325A, which is used to provide biographical information about the applicant
- A Certified RCMP Criminal Record Report, including the applicant’s fingerprints
- A statement from the applicant regarding the purpose of the intended visit to the USA (e.g. business, vacation, medical treatment, study)
- A copy of the official court record, from the actual court of conviction, indicating plea, indictment, disposition, and sentence for each and every crime committed
- A statement in the applicant’s own words and signed by the applicant, explaining the circumstances for each arrest, conviction, and sentence imposed
- Evidence or explanation of the applicant’s reform, such as counselling or rehabilitation programs completed, current employment, marital status, and community service
It is also a good idea to show proof of employment and how you intend to pay for your stay in the USA.
You can submit your application at a designated land border port of entry or at a preclearance office (such as Pearson Airport). The CBP officer will give you a receipt for the application and will take a set of your fingerprints (for FBI screening purposes).
You now haveoptions: