Who can award a Record Suspension?

Region: Ontario Answer # 2178

The Parole Board of Canada (PBC) is a federal agency, within the portfolio of Public Safety Canada, which has authority to deal with day parole and full parole under the Corrections and Conditional Release Act, and the authority to award, deny and revoke Pardons, and Record Suspensions under the CRA. The PBC’s national office in Ottawa is where the RS applications are submitted and reviewed. The processing and governing of Pardons and Record Suspensions comprises a relatively small part of the PBC’s operations.

To erase your criminal record, call toll-free 1-877-219-1644 or learn more at Federal Pardon Waiver Services. It’s easier than you think.

If you have been charged with a criminal offence, refer to our criminal law section.


Federal Pardon Waiver – CR ON PFederal Pardon Waiver – CR ON P


You now have 3 options:

Was your question answered?

Yes    No

What information would you like to see added?

Submit an Edit Request

What are your changes?*

Website by Turnbull & Co.


Page loaded. Thank you