Pardon Partners – CR TOP BannerPardon Partners – CR TOP Banner

Who can legally disclose a criminal record if a Pardon or a Record Suspension was awarded?

Region: Ontario Answer # 2186

Under the Criminal Records Act (CRA), (and except for certain sexual offences) only the federal Minister of Public Safety has the authority to disclose information from a pardoned or suspended record. Such disclosure only will be made in exceptional circumstances. Practically speaking, as long as the person does not reoffend, no one will ever be able to gain access to the criminal record.

To erase your criminal record, call toll-free 1-888-808-3628 or learn more at Pardon Partners. It’s easier than you think.

If you have been charged with a criminal offence, refer to our criminal law section.


Pardon Partners – CR ON PPardon Partners – CR ON P


You now have 4 options:

Request permission for your organization to copy information from this website.

Page loaded. Thank you