Area of Law: Process Serving
Answer # 3019
What questions should you ask before hiring a process server?Region: Ontario Answer # 3019
While process servers are often hired by lawyers representing clients in a legal action, or private or public businesses, any individual needing documents served can hire a process server.
It is important that you ask any process server you are considering hiring a number of questions first, to ensure they are capable of doing the job professionally, competently, and within the boundaries of the law.
To found out if you are hiring a process server that is right for your needs, you can ask:
- How long have they been in business?
- How many jobs have they completed?
- What is their success rate?
- What is their process for serving documents?
- What documents do they deliver?
- What other services do they provide?
- Do they offer bilingual services?
- What tools do they use to find people?
- How many times will they attempt service?
- What will they do if the person being served will not accept documents?
- Will they serve outside of your city / province / Canada?
- How will they communicate with you?
- How much do they charge?
- Do they provide rush service? How much more does that cost?
- Do you have to pay you up front or will they accept payments after the work is done?
- Do they charge a flat rate or are there additional fees?
- Are court fees included in the cost?
It is important you hire the right process server for your needs to avoid any delays or more serious issues that could arise if your documents are not served correctly.
To hire a process server to serve legal documents, file court documents, conduct legal searches, or for other services, contact our preferred experts:
You now haveoptions: