Area of Law: Paralegals and Law Clerks
Answer # 2806
CDI CollegeRegion: Ontario Answer # 2806
To apply for a paralegal licence with the Law Society of Ontario (LSO), all applicants must have graduated from a Law Society accredited Paralegal Education Program, which must be from a college approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
What is the CDI College Paralegal Diploma Program?
CDI College offers the LSO accredited 48-week Paralegal Diploma Program, which provides both hands-on paralegal training and on-the-job practice, giving graduates the skills required to work as a Paralegal in legal services.
Students study a number of areas including :
- legal computer applications,
- alternative dispute resolutions,
- the litigation process,
- employment law,
- paralegal accounting, and
- legal research and writing.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Mature student status (18 years of age or older) and a passing score on the entrance examination
- Practicum placements provide real-world experience
- Career Services department provides assistance finding jobs and building resumes
For more information on the CDI Paralegal Program including fees, full admission requirements, and how to apply, visit CDI College.
The Ontario Paralegal Association (OPA) is the largest professional association of licensed paralegals in Ontario. It’s mandate is to represent the interests of paralegals throughout the Province. To find out more, or to become a member, visit the OPA website.
You now haveoptions: